- We believe that the Aroma Academy is unique in that we are dedicated to providing education, knowledge and enjoyable experiences based on our world leading expertise in the science of Aromas and the Sense of Smell.
- The Aroma Academy provides customers with niche specialist Aroma and Perfume System Products, Master Classes & Training Programmes that educate, entertain and/or improve the feeling of well-being. The customer base is wide ranging, covering both enthusiasts/connoisseurs and trade/industry with industry customers including many of the leading drinks companies.
- Our expertise in Aroma Science is at the heart of everything we do - we are passionate about the science behind our work - but we ensure that the science does not get in the way of an enjoyable learning experience!
- We are privileged to have Dr George Dodd as Director of Science & Technology. George has the unusual combination of having a DPhil from the University of Oxford, extensive Aroma Science experience in both industry and academia – including setting up the Smell Research Group at the University of Warwick (with which he is still involved) – and also being a professional Master Perfumer. He is world renowned as an expert on the Sense of Smell.
- The Aroma Academy is a Division of Scent & Aroma Technology Systems Limited, jointly owned by Dr Dodd and Alan Gordon, with George responsible for all scientific and technical aspects of the company and Alan responsible for all business and general management activities.
- Kim Lahiri oversees International Sales and Marketing for the company and also oversees delivery of the company’s Global Master Classes and Training Programmes.
- It is the owner’s intention to firmly establish the Aroma Academy as the premier Scent & Aroma training and experience company.
Dr George Dodd, Director of Science & Technology
- George is an Aroma Scientist and Bio-Chemist as well as a Master Perfumer – a key combination of knowledge and experience for the company. His background in Molecular Science and Bio-chemistry has led to the development of an international reputation for fundamental research on smells and aromas.
- He originally studied Chemistry at Trinity College, Dublin but has spent much of his scientific life straddling the fields of chemistry and perfumery, gaining a DPhil from the University of Oxford along the way.
- His career has covered both Academia – including setting up the Smell Research Group at the University of Warwick - and several start up companies including being a founding Director of the world’s first smell bio-technology company.
- George still maintains links with the world of academia through a close working relationship with the group that he founded at Warwick.
- George is the scientific expert behind the company’s Product Development and conducts a selected number of the company Master Classes & Training Programmes
Click for more information regarding George
Alan Gordon, Managing Director
- Alan has a background in Business, General Management, Engineering and Manufacturing across various business sectors and oversees the General Management of the business.
- Alan has other business interests including ownership of the leading Scotch Whisky information website www.scotchwhisky.net. He was instrumental in assisting George in the development of the company's original product – the Whisky Aroma Kit.
Kim Lahiri, International Business Development & Global Training
- Kim is the key contact for customers in the company overseeing International Business Development and the delivery of the company’s Training Programmes.
- She has a background in Biological Science and significant experience in the perfumery and aromatherapy sectors as well as having business start up, training and business management experience.
- Kim is based at the company's Sales & Marketing office near London